Instructions for LVM?

Tony Abou-Assaleh taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 21:29:02 UTC 2006

With regards to the /boot ...

Ubuntu says that LILO supports booting from LVM, but GRUB does not. I've
been successful in making an Ubuntu box with RAID 1 on two 200GB SATA
drives. Each drive includes a single primary partition of type RAID and
the rest is LVM.

After a few days of trying, I am still unsuccessful in getting the same
setup going on two 250GB EIDE drives. LILO fails to load the kernel, RAID
or no RAID, but GRUB works fine without RAID.

Cheers,

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON, Canada, L2S 3A1
Office: MC J215
Tel:    +1(905)688-5550 ext. 5243
Fax:    +1(905)688-3255
Email:  taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org