Instructions for LVM?

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 20:01:25 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Why does linux swap qualify as a solid partition?  It is one of the
> first things I considered throwing into LVM.
>
> Also many distributions do not support LVMs for installs so they are not
> particularly suited for that at all.
>
> For running many different distributions, nothing really beats vmware,
> or UML or other equivalant things.
>
> Len Sorensen

Good points! I am already running Ubuntu Dapper in VMware, which is
really good for "testing". I sort of want to have the ability to have
at least 2 linux distros plus windows... one main distro and the other
to mess around with "realtime", as it will give me more realistic
hardware knowledge as opposed to VMware's virtual machine hardware.
That's mainly why I wanted the ability to resize volumes on-the-fly if
needed.

Thanks for your suggestions!

-Steve.