Fixing application networking issues

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 04:29:20 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I have encountered an issue where firefox does not go out and
download a page after typing the url address. I usually do a couple of
things:
*Use ifconfig and see if I can see the network card.
*Ping loop back and a reliable server out there (bbc)
 Most time, this show things are alright (On the operating sys level)
 Now, the only thing I do on the browser is type in IP address. If
that don't work, I boot (Not a good idea in *nux world, but..)
 The question is, how can one go about find a problem between an
application (firefox) and OS? Any trick is appreaciated.

Thank you
William