Fixing application networking issues

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 05:12:20 UTC 2006

There "should" not be a problem between firefox and the OS.

The set of steps to follow would be:
1. Does firefox load the page?
2. If not, does your computer have an IP address? (ifconfig)
3. Do you have a good route? Can you ping your default router? (look
at the route command and the ping command)
4. Are you using a good DNS server? (look at /etc/resolv.conf)
5. Is your firewall allowing http  through?

If all of those don't help, you might have a busted browser, but I
don't think you will find that to be the case.
-Joseph-