OT: Summary of this years events in your (Linux/Computer) life

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 03:38:11 UTC 2006

I completely switched to PCLinuxOS at home and at work.  I am working
out a plan to never use a non-free OS at work again.

I have completely broken my addiction for that blue-screening legacy
operating system.  I've done this before, but now there is no
application that I miss.  Ok, maybe Brood Wars..

I got graphics acceleration working with demos and games.

My data is now completely encrypted in a form that can be backed up by
something without root permissions.

I have celebrated by getting a 24" widescreen LCD.. which works
perfectly under Linux with no wacky configuration at all.  1920x1200
was autodetected and worked fine on the first boot.  I had issues with
X with one single user, but that's X.. it's hopeless.  ;)