Key signing / web of trust Was: spellcheck

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 23:18:41 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Paul Sutton <zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Running the odd beginners guide to key signing would also be useful
> perhaps at linuxcafee, as the venue, would not have to be that often,
> but would encourage more people get keys and use them I guess. I need to
> get my key sorted out, but it's always useful to have someone on hand to
> help when you are just starting out on this.

LinuxCafe strikes me as a pretty good place for this, particularly as
there might be a few "hangers out" that could get accustomed to doing
this...

There is plenty of documentation on how to do key signing "parties;"
people just don't seem to be that interested in going through the
(relatively nominal) bits of formalism.  I think they have
successfully recognized that the amount of "trust" truly due to a "web
of trust" is fairly limited...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)