Key signing / web of trust Was: spellcheck

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 19:45:09 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 2/28/06, interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org <interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 12:46, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> > [spell check stuff on his signed message.]
> >
> > Logical left turn.
> >
> > A few posters are signing their posts regularly.  I think that's cool.  Does
> > TLUG have regular key signing events?  It would be great to have William's
> > key on my key ring to verify his post.  It would be even better if that key,
> > and the others would also extend our webs of trust.
>
> Several times we have tried setting this up; I think I have signed a
> total of two peoples' keys, and I don't think I have ever actually had
> my key signed by anyone as a result...
>
> I think it would be a nice thing indeed to set up a key signing; this
> would require that people actually follow through and do it...

I'd be interested.  Back in '04 I remember this came up, but IIRC
didn't work out very well.  Perhaps a Wiki entry (and a mailing list
reminder or two) a couple months before the actual event date might
collect enough interested parties to make it worthwhile?

An alternate idea might be to make signing available at the LWNW 2k6
GTALUG booth?

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com