Key signing / web of trust Was: spellcheck

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 19:36:11 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org <interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 12:46, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> [spell check stuff on his signed message.]
>
> Logical left turn.
>
> A few posters are signing their posts regularly.  I think that's cool.  Does
> TLUG have regular key signing events?  It would be great to have William's
> key on my key ring to verify his post.  It would be even better if that key,
> and the others would also extend our webs of trust.

Several times we have tried setting this up; I think I have signed a
total of two peoples' keys, and I don't think I have ever actually had
my key signed by anyone as a result...

I think it would be a nice thing indeed to set up a key signing; this
would require that people actually follow through and do it...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)