OT: laser printer

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 27 13:24:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 10:37:16PM -0500, moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Rats.  I bought the new cartridge not that long ago; it cost more
> than the printer did.  AFAIK it was not recycled (and it worked fine
> for a while).

Hmm.  They are usually bad right from the start, they usually don't just
go bad.

So was it streaks of black or streaks of missing print?  If it is
missing print then you may not have spread the toner around the
cartridge properly before installing it (you are normally supposed to
tip the cartridge side to side a few times to spread the toner across
the cartridge before installing it).

> Given that changing the cartridge costs more than a hundred bucks
> it's not my first choice.  I do still have the old empty cartridge;
> I suppose I could try getting one of those refill kits.  Any experience
> with that?

Refilling your own toner cartridge?  Yuck.  There is a job I wouldn't
want to try. :)  You could try putting the old cartridge back and see if
it prints with streaks too (assuming it isn't absolutely completely
empty).  If it also has streaks, then it is probably something else.

Len Sorensen