OT: laser printer

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 00:28:46 UTC 2006

moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Given that changing the cartridge costs more than a hundred bucks
> it's not my first choice.  I do still have the old empty cartridge;
> I suppose I could try getting one of those refill kits.  Any experience
> with that?

Certain "smart" cartridges may give you some unexpected trouble.

There are ways of resetting cartridges that insist that they're empty
even after they have been refilled.  But it involves screwdrivers,
schematics and a battery.

....or something like that.

Apparently Business Depot has "third party" cartridges for a few
different printers.  That may be an option for you should you be blessed
with a "smart" printer.

PA