twiki or ???

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 17 17:06:35 UTC 2006

On 2/17/06, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Have you performed a proper analysis to identify that the bottle neck is
> indeed the wiki software itself?

I suspect you're assuming he's at or near a bottleneck.

With a mere 1000 pages, I don't expect that's the case, at least not
at the "software/hardware" level.

That's the sort of load where software isn't too much the question as
far as raw performance is concerned.  I'd not want to run such a big
wiki using  ps-httpd <http://www.godisch.de/debian/pshttpd/>, but I
don't think this is even close to the point where any of the common
Wiki packages would be expected to fall down.

I'd expect the troubles to instead be human ones, of making sure they
don't step on one another...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)