twiki or ???

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 17 15:32:50 UTC 2006

Neil Watson wrote:

> Have you performed a proper analysis to identify that the bottle neck is
> indeed the wiki software itself?

I wouldn't say that I have *done* a complete analysis, I am doing the
analysis now.

Some problems are as much people/policy problems as they are software
ones.  For example we might have an admin who writes a document called
"User Account Creation" ... the problem is that "User Account Creation"
is highly specific to environment/project.  If an admin doesn't mention
his project specifically within the doc (not uncommon) then you have to
resort to "what links here" to figure out what the heck environment the
doc might apply to.

I believe that having defined heirarchies
(/projectX/User_Account_Creation) would alleviate the problem a bit.

I should add that we are currently using mediawiki.