what to delete in /usr

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 9 02:51:21 UTC 2006

Chris Aitken <caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> writes:

> David Thornton wrote:
>
> > I'm surprised at how snappy some of the replies were.
> >
> > Shouldn't this place be a little bit more friendly?
>
> Friendly or not I'll keep seeking advice here. The vast majority on this list
> are very helpful. However, there's always going to be someone who's going to
> lecture people. They are knowledgeable about linux and feel others are
> slackers (not willing to learn the hard way). These people don't care that
> this stuff comes really hard to you, they don't notice that you actually
> /did/ take some of the advice people offered, they don't acknowledge that it
> is a triumph (for you) when you figure out something as modest as entering an
> IP address in your third mail account in Thunderbird when you've used up the
> only two DNS names for your ISP's mail servers, they don't know you travel
> 1,000 km to get to and from work five days a week, or that you spend another
> four hours a night serving clients in your home business, they don't realize
> that if you /can/ find a spare half hour a day you'd rather spend it reading
> a story to your daughter than reading man pages to impress strangers on tlug
> that are impossible to impress, and they don't know that your best friend
> died yesterday afternoon at 4:30. All they know is that they are clever and
> you are an idiot.

Keep in mind that some of the folks offering the advice also have challenges
in their life. Sometimes a seemingly snarky e-mail is just a hurried one.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada