Detaching email attachments from email

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 4 12:42:05 UTC 2006

I believe I may have been the one to ask where I could find this feature. I
ended up writing a perl script to do just that. I find it much simpler to
scan through a directory for a document rather than scanning through
hundreds of e-mails with unrelated subject lines...
Martin

In an earlier thread someone asked about removing an attachment from an
email.

Well Thunderbird 1.5 appears capable of doing this if the email is in a
local folder.

I've used this feature in Mac OS X, but presumably in Linux it would be
right-click on the attachment name and click detach or delete.

Warning, when I tried to delete nested forwards Thunderbird crashed.

It pretends to work on messages stored on an imap server.

Where it did work it left a stub showing Deleted: AttachmentName.

Ivan.