Detaching email attachments from email

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 2 22:00:10 UTC 2006

In an earlier thread someone asked about removing an attachment from an email.

Well Thunderbird 1.5 appears capable of doing this if the email is in a local
folder.

I've used this feature in Mac OS X, but presumably in Linux it would be
right-click on the attachment name and click detach or delete.

Warning, when I tried to delete nested forwards Thunderbird crashed.

It pretends to work on messages stored on an imap server.

Where it did work it left a stub showing Deleted: AttachmentName.

Ivan.