OT: CPU Fan

Phil Kay pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 3 02:05:13 UTC 2006

I apologize for the off-topic message, but I figured someone here might know
where I can pick up a socket 370 1U CPU fan.  It needs to be the kind that
exhausts to the side.  We have a Symbol Wireless switch (WS5000) that needs a
new fan.  We've done some digging, but are having trouble finding one.  Does
anyone here know of a place where we could pick one up?  TIA

To tie this just a little to the list:  The fan is sounding horrible and the
BIOS on the switch shuts the device down if the CPU gets too hot.
Apparently, this happened during a software upgrade.  That toasted the
configuration.  We have it up and running again and upgraded the OS to the
lastest version.  The thing now runs Linux!  It uses apache and postgre for
the db.  It had previously been running LynxOS.  We've been very pleased with
its operation so far and are glad to add one more Linux server to our
collection.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.  All replies about the fan can come
to me directly.  If you have more questions about the device (on-topic), I'd
be glad to answer them.

Phil K