SMTP Options for Laptops?

Slackrat slackrat4Q-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 27 19:58:27 UTC 2006

Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> writes:

> It's not just that. Sometimes your choice of ISP can trigger filters too.
>
> A client has a senior staffer who took his laptop to Florida for the
> holidays, then complained because so many of his recipients were not
> getting his mail anymore. Apparently many recipient ISPs had tagged his
> connection -- bellsouth.net (and especially its DSL home subnets) -- as
> a significant source of spam. Many sites were quarantining and sometimes
> just dropping his stuff, even though the same mails sent from his
> Toronto home or business went through fine.
>
> There are advantages to having a single stable SMTP server (or server
> network) on the Net that you can use as a trusted relay no matter where
> you are.

There seem to be a few problems at bellsouth.net that might trigger
rejections by some mail systems

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=bellsouth.net

I had a few problems myself before finally getting my domain
configured correctly

There are still a few systems that will not accept mail from me,
earthlink.net comes to mind.

Earthlink refuse to answer emails requesting clarification since their
suggested reasons are not applicable to me - My IP is static, I
have never sent UCE, publish SPF records and the reverse DNS is OK too

--
Regards, Slackrat [Bill Henderson] [No _4Q_ for direct email]