Employment linux admin/programmer wanted

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 7 21:44:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 16:36 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 03:25:57PM -0500, Aaron Vegh wrote:
> > I'm not this person, but I surely hope that this skill set is worth
> > more than $20/hour!
>
> I am still scratching my head over linux admin with C# skills???  Is C#
> the new java?  Yet another fad promissing to solve all your programming

Mono is already there and past, and it already solves all my programming
problems, and its not dependant on MS at all., and programming languages
should never be dependant on OS, hence Mono.
However i know that it can be a less know language now then C/C++/Java,
i dont have a problem with someone picking it up, as long as they know
one of the others. It a week to learn the c# specifics, and learning
gtk# or Windows-forms, well thats no different then learning gtk++ if
your coming from the c++ side.