KnoppMyth on a 320G drive

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 4 16:17:27 UTC 2006

I've tried my hand at setting up mythtv on Ubuntu 6.06, and it seemed
fairly straightforward (you have to install some packages, then run a
config wizard as the mythtv user), the problem was that I was trying
to get mythtv and my tuner card working at the same time, and the card
took a while.  By the time I had figured it out, I had settled on
using tvtime instead for tuning, because I didn't really need mythtv,
I don't watch regularly.  Now that I think about it, the ability to
schedule recordings and watch them later would probably change that..