KnoppMyth on a 320G drive

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 3 20:58:42 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 01:52, Simon wrote:
> The installer doesn't let you manually specify how to use the
> partitions on the drive?  Yikes...  Perhaps you should make do with a
> more mainstream distribution - I've never thought it necessary to have
> a whole separate distribution just for the sake of one piece of
> software.  Perhaps if it's a group of niche software and you want to
> ensure that the latest copies get included, but even then, a
> repository or overlay will do that just as well.
>
> Simon

Nope, I find it odd also, but KnoppMyth wants a whole drive all to itself.  I
assume so they have complete control based on past experiences.

Lennart has said that the new version of MythTV on Debian is more up to date,
but KnoppMyth comes with a lot of config utilities which supposedly make the
setup easier. Not so far for me...

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can