looking for shared web hosting

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 2 20:38:08 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, Michael Hong <crepuscule-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for shared web hosting for ~ $5 - $15 / month.  I don't have
> any content really :) but I thought it's about time I got my own domain.
> Also, I'd like to play around with the usual LAMP stuff...
>
> Has anyone anything good or bad to say about any of the following
> services?
>
> http://www.hostgator.com/
> http://www.inmotionhosting.com/
> http://www.bluehost.com/
> http://www.dreamhost.com/
> http://www.spry.com/

I have used Hostgator for my website since July - $10US/month, not the
cheapest but the service has been solid and the one time I emailed an
inquiry to tech support they responded within the hour.

I have used BareMetal.com for purchasing domain names.

Before I picked hostgator, I spent some time in webhostingtalk.com
perusing customer feedback. Formerly great web hosters can really go
downhill in a hurry... Its important to get feedback from current
customers, not 6-month-old comments.

Good luck!

--
Daniel Wayne Armstrong