[Bulk] Re:looking for shared web hosting

Michael Hong crepuscule-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 2 23:28:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:38 -0500, Daniel Armstrong wrote:

> I have used Hostgator for my website since July - $10US/month, not the
> cheapest but the service has been solid and the one time I emailed an
> inquiry to tech support they responded within the hour.

Do you know if they offer SSL email for webmail and IMAP ?  It's not
listed on their site, a thread in their forum is inconclusive, and when I
tested their live chat, the guy told me they don't support secure IMAP.

Your site looks very nice. :)  Is it drupal?  Have you setup any other
php - mysql apps like gallery, wordpress, joomla ?  Is the speed usually
pretty decent?  I tried loading some sites using php & mysql at
various hosts and some are very slow.

> I have used BareMetal.com for purchasing domain names.

I'll check them out, thanks.

> Before I picked hostgator, I spent some time in webhostingtalk.com
> perusing customer feedback. Formerly great web hosters can really go
> downhill in a hurry... Its important to get feedback from current
> customers, not 6-month-old comments.

Thanks, yeah I found that site yesterday... I'm pretty tired of reading
about hosting now.  :)

> Good luck!

Thank you.

Michael