New ubuntu install freezes on boot on IBM T21 laptop

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 22 04:40:43 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Alex Maynard <amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on a problem I've been having
> with IBM T21 laptop?
[...]

Not sure how much it might help, but I've been running Ubuntu "Breezy
Badger" on an A31p machine for a bit now.  Not sure how close it is to
a T21, but the A31p definately has a mobo issue; No matter what OS
(used to blame it on windoze), I get system-wide hangings.

I suspect it's in either Power Management or Video, but have no way to confirm.

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson