Linux in the Park

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 21 18:47:46 UTC 2006

So, my article on Procmail is in to the people at SSC,
so I can now spend time pitching new article ideas,
job hunting and gearing up for Linux in the Park.

I have passed along the note you will see below to the
freebie mailing lists I am on (with the hope that it
will get us a few more bodies and some interesting
stuff :-) ). Anyone wanting to have a note re: what
they will be bringing to the party and/or looking for
e-mail me and I would be happy to add it to the list.

What are we doing on food? I would be happy to bring a
small charcoal BBQ, but I know the parks department
takes a dim view of charcoal in most of the parks (the
only park they seem to tolerate charcoal is the
Toronto Island (because there are rules against
propane tanks on the ferry)). So, how do we suggest
people have hot food at the picnic? Thermos?

Where are we on permits? What do we have and what do
we still need?

Music/Entertainment? I have a bunch of MP3's of old
science fiction radio shows that have a certain amount
of perverse charm. But, quite frankly I could be quite
happy without music (especially if it is of a style I
hate (read: Country/Western)).

Tomorow at NewTLUG I will be promoting Linux in the
Park, where else should we be noting the event?

Colin McGregor