Linux in the Park

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 21 19:06:10 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What are we doing on food? I would be happy to bring a
> small charcoal BBQ, but I know the parks department
> takes a dim view of charcoal in most of the parks (the
> only park they seem to tolerate charcoal is the
> Toronto Island (because there are rules against
> propane tanks on the ferry)). So, how do we suggest
> people have hot food at the picnic? Thermos?

This seems to me to fall into the category of "things happy picnickers
will need to pay LinuxCafe to provide."

> Where are we on permits? What do we have and what do
> we still need?

That looks to me like an ideal conversation for you and David to have
pretty pronto...

I'd be happy to contribute a thing or two to toss onto a shared BBQ;
if that's located on David's soil, then he needs to let us know what's
permissible/desired/appropriate.

> Music/Entertainment? I have a bunch of MP3's of old
> science fiction radio shows that have a certain amount
> of perverse charm. But, quite frankly I could be quite
> happy without music (especially if it is of a style I
> hate (read: Country/Western)).

"We've got both kinds of music:  Country AND Western!"  :-)

I think I'd rather be without the music.
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.