USB Audio

Seneca Cunningham tentra-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 10 14:55:03 UTC 2006

On 09-Aug-2006, at 21:47 :19, Merv Curley wrote:

> Arecord does see my device,  the soundcard is listed as Card0  and
> my device
> as Card1.  As far as I can tell ALSA is all about Soundcards.   To use
> arecord one uses alsamixer, but alsa mixer is about the soundcard
> inputs and
> outputs.  I don't see any way of telling it about Card1 or my sound
> driver as
> a source.

It's easy to tell alsamixer to use card1 instead of card0.  Just
invoke alsamixer with "alsamixer -c1".  You can find the input with
"arecord -l", and if, for example, your source is card 1, device1,
pass arecord "-D hw:1,0" when you want to record.  To play with
defaults, take a look at your .asoundrc.

--
Seneca Cunningham
tentra-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org