USB Audio

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 11 01:55:24 UTC 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 10:55, Seneca Cunningham wrote:
> It's easy to tell alsamixer to use card1 instead of card0.  Just
> invoke alsamixer with "alsamixer -c1".  You can find the input with
> "arecord -l", and if, for example, your source is card 1, device1,
> pass arecord "-D hw:1,0" when you want to record.  To play with
> defaults, take a look at your .asoundrc.

Thanks to both of you for the help getting me started.

I am now in the process of seeing if I can figure out just what this alsamixer
does and how it does it.  In umpteen years I've messed with once, I think and
that was so easy I didn't have to know what I was doing.

i assume that somehow I tell arecord where to put the recorded sound and a
file name.  I'll get to that eventually.  When I am thoroughly confused, I'll
post another plea.

Cheers

--
Merv Curley