Open Source song - "Write Code With You"

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 3 17:26:52 UTC 2006

On 03 Aug 2006 10:03:12 -0400, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > I'd say leave it up and come what may. Just like with code, if you haven't
>
> That's a pretty cavalier attitude considering you aren't the one that would be
> dragged into court.
>
> Although, if it was me, I'd leave it up, too.  "It's easier to ask forgiveness
> than permission" ;)

What I heard on the site currently sounds like a derivative of John
Cage's work.  It wouldn't be the first time there was trouble:

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3401901.stm>

Although I expect the incorrect attribution was the real problem, not
the chord progressions themselves.

The safest course of action at this point would be to put up some
randomly generated notes.  Be sure to gain sufficient entropy though,
else you might be violating somebody's copyright.

-Mike