suggestions: CMS & blog & gallery engine

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 18 22:09:17 UTC 2005

On September 18, 2005 11:43, Chris Friedt wrote:
[snip]
> To the point - I was hoping that someone could recommend a good
> Content Management System that's well designed, probably will have
> continued development for a number of years (i.e. it's getting a
> reasonable amount of use by several (hundreds of?) people), is easy
> to maintain / use, easy on the eyes, and somewhat extensible.
>
> Is there such a system that has a blog, maybe with some sort of
> integrated image gallery? Just a general sort of personal web site
> engine. I don't want it to buy my groceries for me or anything. It
> would preferably be something w/ PHP/MySQL integration that has
> apache under the hood & lots of themes.

I think Plone is an amazing CMS that can be as easy or as complex as
you want it to be. There are blogging add-ons for it ranging from
very simple to very sophisticated. I've recently been playing with
Quills for blogging on Plone. It seems to do all the things that I
could expect of a blog. Plone is well documented, engineered,
supported, and is in use by tens of thousands of people. I find it
easy to customize its look and feel, though I am quite happy with the
default theme. It helps that it is written in Python, which I like
much better than PHP.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay