suggestions: CMS & blog & gallery engine

Chris Friedt chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 18 15:43:38 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

Yep, another one bytes the dust. I think I'm going to join the
revolution & start writing a blog.

It's times like these, when I start subtly handing over organizational
aspects of my life to some (hopefully) transparent technology, that sort
of make me think i'm becoming more sophisticated. First, it was a
cellular phone (i vowed for the longest time I'd never get one, but it
happened), now this. What's next?

To the point - I was hoping that someone could recommend a good Content
Management System that's well designed, probably will have continued
development for a number of years (i.e. it's getting a reasonable amount
of use by several (hundreds of?) people), is easy to maintain / use,
easy on the eyes, and somewhat extensible.

Is there such a system that has a blog, maybe with some sort of
integrated image gallery? Just a general sort of personal web site
engine. I don't want it to buy my groceries for me or anything. It would
preferably be something w/ PHP/MySQL integration that has apache under
the hood & lots of themes.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated as always ;-)

~/Chris

Christopher Friedt
Ryerson University
Computing & Communication Services