suggestions: CMS & blog & gallery engine

Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné mggagne-oUREY1nl/XXQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 19 00:07:40 UTC 2005

Hello Chris,

On September 18, 2005 11:43 am, Chris Friedt wrote:

> To the point - I was hoping that someone could recommend a good Content
> Management System that's well designed, probably will have continued
> development for a number of years (i.e. it's getting a reasonable amount
> of use by several (hundreds of?) people), is easy to maintain / use,
> easy on the eyes, and somewhat extensible.

Well, since you asked and I went through this myself a few months ago, I might
be able to offer some pointers to help you make a decision.  After trying
several (Metadot, Plone, Postnuke, phpWebsite, Mambo, myPHPnuke), I settled
on Drupal. My second choice in that list (and a close second) was Mambo. For
flat out blogging though, a lot of people I know tend to really like
WordPress. It just wasn't what I wanted or needed.

You might be interested in knowing that there is a site out there that lists
and rates various open source CMS packages.  It's certainly worth the few
minutes to check it out.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=143

Good luck with the hunt.  Take care out there.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note: This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.
Author : "Moving to the Linux Business Desktop"
         "Moving to Linux: Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye!"
         "Linux System Administration, A User's Guide"
Join the WFTL-LUG : http://www.marcelgagne.com/wftllugform.html