http://drpcdr.ca

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 30 00:16:27 UTC 2005

On 10/29/05, Christopher Charles <cccharlee-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> From Christopher Charles Sat Oct 29 07:19:00 2005
> Date:   Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From:   "Christopher Charles" <cccharlee-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>  Add
> to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
> Subject:        http://drpcdr.ca
> To:     security-uELkwqgQgFFBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org, abuse-uELkwqgQgFFBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
>
> OK I am guilty of poor netiquette in advertising my
> website!

To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of SilenceIsDefeat.org, but I
have been guilty of bad netiquette at times as well.  It's a learning
experience.

Based on the headers above, it looks like you're taking it up with
SAGO which is probably a good start.

If you're going to post announcements, you should consider who the
communities are before posting.  This list for example is oriented to
technical folks who already have plenty of access-to and knowledge-of
both unix shells and open source.

> Several hundreds of people use my website habitually!
> It is a free public service designed to DO GOOD!

After looking through SilenceIsDefeat.org (where your address is
currently pointing), I do think there might those who could benefit
from such services.

I do have some issues with it though.  Off the top,

- If it is free, why do you require paypal account information?
- If a potential customer does not have a paypal account and needs to
mail their information in, why is the return postage necessary...
What is to be returned?
- Why are PO boxes not acceptable mailing addresses?

Questions like this that, left unclear, and taken along with random
advertising, may make people beleive this to be a scam of sorts.

--
Scott Elcomb
Fight might with Right.  Your Right.

2375+ Canadians oppose Bill C-60