Linux World / Network World 2006

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 26 06:03:10 UTC 2005

Colin McGregor wrote:

>- Yes, there are debates as to how to handle a NewTLUG
>meeting at the show, who should talk, how the talk
>should be handled, etc..

The issue was discussed at tonight's NewTLUG meeting and a consensus was
reached. There will be a NewTLUG meeting April 25 at the show. We are
neither requesting GTALUG's assistance nor asking its permission.

>there seems to be a common view within the board that Evan is one of the last people GTALUG would want to act on behalf of GTALUG.

Compliment accepted.

You have my word that I do not now and have not ever passed myself off
as having anything to do with GTALUG, let alone represent it. Any
meetings I have with Plum are done as participant in (and co-founder of)
NewTLUG, a director of CLUE, and a passionate member of the local community.

When I meet with Plum it will be to represent what I believe to be the
interests of the user community that I know; the one that wants to grow
the local community and is quite fine with the "no individual work"
provisions. It probably doesn't hurt that I, unlike GTALUG, have a long
and successful track record of working not only with Plum but with all
LinuxWorlds globally:

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=4824879
http://www.realworldlinuxbiz.com/artman/publish/lpi_idg.shtml

The many booths I organized have never embarassed the show management.
We always provided added value which benefitted us (as exhibitor),
attendees and show management. And we did it by publicizing the
_group's_ services, not those of members or sponsors.

- Evan