Linux World / Network World 2006

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 26 01:04:30 UTC 2005

Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> writes:
> - Yes, there were problems with the way TLUG volunteers handled 2003 show,
> arguably serious problems. However it was a case of live and learn. The
> biggest problems at the 2005 show were things like so many people dropped
> by our booth it got crowded, problems that were out of everyone's hands to
> fix at that time.

Don't forget other _big_ problems like people selling Linux networks for $7k
to small businesses ;)

It simply got way out of hand.

> at this time. For reasons that I don't fully follow (and quite frankly I
> don't want to follow) Evan seems to have managed to greatly annoy a
> majority of the GTALUG board members and there seems to be a common view
> within the board that Evan is one of the last people GTALUG would want to
> act on behalf of GTALUG.

Everyone has a skill.  Evan's ability to ruffle feathers is rather endearing
to watch.

> Communications between GTALUG and Plum Communications are to be handled by
> GTALUG board members or who ever the board delegates to (which at least for
> now I gather is to be me).

I hope and expect that it will all work out.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20