Canadian academia and open source

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 18 05:54:51 UTC 2005

I'm doing a little research, and I'm wondering if anyone here can help
with this: which universities in Canada are friendliest to open source
and which are the most hostile?

There can be many factors in this, including (but not limited to):
- the amount OSS is taught in CompSci
- Awareness and support of open development models outside CompSci
- the amount of FOSS used internally in administration
- the scale of cheap-software deals struck with Microsoft
- the level of freedom/suppression of open source advocacy
- specific instructors who are particularly friendly or hostile

I'm looking for any data I can find on any and all Canadian universities.
Feel free to reply to me personally or to the list as you feel
appropriate. All confidences will be honoured.

Thanks!

- Evan