Mandrake question

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 20 20:22:01 UTC 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 15:30, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I got a copy of Mandriva and it has quickly made me feel dense. :p I
> hope this isn't an overly obvious question but I can't find the answer I
> need on the 'urpmi' man page or on Mandriva's website.
>
>    Basically, for my program's manual I am trying to figure out what
> command line call will install a set of applications. In Debian terms
> this would be:
>
> # apt-get install foo bar baz
>
>    I think I need to use 'urpmi' but when I, for example, issue:
>
> # urpmi --install nano

urpmi nano

you have urpmi, urpme (erase), urpmf (find), urpmi.update -a, urpmq,
urpmi.addmedia ...

These are the ones you use more often.
Ah, you have also urpmi --auto-select (to update your system based on the new
sources you added; the equivalent of the update program in the MCC - Mandriva
Control Center - DrakConf).

Try this also: http://addmedia.linuxfornewbies.org/ (to get your sources
right!)