Mandrake question

Clive DaSilva cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 20 20:29:10 UTC 2005

Hello Madison,

The easiest way to do this is to go to easyurpmi.org and use the scripts
there to update your install and update media. The instructions there
are easy to follow and having updated your media, the urpmi install from
the command line , or using MCC should be able to find the program that
you were looking for

Clive

Marc Lijour wrote:

>On Thursday 20 October 2005 15:30, Madison Kelly wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>   I got a copy of Mandriva and it has quickly made me feel dense. :p I
>>hope this isn't an overly obvious question but I can't find the answer I
>>need on the 'urpmi' man page or on Mandriva's website.
>>
>>   Basically, for my program's manual I am trying to figure out what
>>command line call will install a set of applications. In Debian terms
>>this would be:
>>
>># apt-get install foo bar baz
>>
>>   I think I need to use 'urpmi' but when I, for example, issue:
>>
>># urpmi --install nano
>>

>urpmi nano
>
>you have urpmi, urpme (erase), urpmf (find), urpmi.update -a, urpmq,
>urpmi.addmedia ...
>
>These are the ones you use more often.
>Ah, you have also urpmi --auto-select (to update your system based on the new
>sources you added; the equivalent of the update program in the MCC - Mandriva
>Control Center - DrakConf).
>
>Try this also: http://addmedia.linuxfornewbies.org/ (to get your sources
>right!)
>

>>   It tells me that it can't find 'nano'. When I run 'rpmdrake' and
>>search for 'nano' though it finds it just fine. The trick is that I
>>really want to figure out a command-line app that will handle the install.
>>
>>   Thanks all!
>>
>>Madison
>>

>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

 Clive DaSilva CMA
 Tel: (416)-421-2480
 Cell: (416)-560-8820
 Email: cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org