The Freespace Software Kit project

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 28 22:32:09 UTC 2005

I've been asked to work on a project and I was wondering if anyone can
point me to anything
similar, like, I don't know, maybe there are some Cyber-Hutterites out
there. Here's the project description
I put into sourceforge.
The Freekit project will assemble a set of Free/Open Source tools for
managing a community where
resources are held cooperatively and/or bartered within an internal
economy. The tools may already
exist as FOSS packages or may need to be developed and will fall into
these (and doubtless other) categories.

    - Internal systems for tracking resources, setting up and running
projects,
      tracking costs, maintaining inventory records. forecasting needs and
      assigning materials and resources.

    - Interface systems to interact with the external economy, produce
      invoices, calculate and pay taxes etc.

    - Social software components such as blogs, wikis and internal instant
      messages/chat to allow people to register as members, educate
themselves,
      work together in project teams and interact as a community.

Since many of the components already exist as LAMP packages, PHP/MySQL
will be the initial
choice for development.  Existing packages selected as possible
components will be evaluated, tested
and integrated while components that don't currently exist will be
developed. Initially, the package
will be released as a LAMP package, but ultimately it will be
distributed as a livecd containing
all the infrastrucure, utilities and documentation required.

Rob

--
Rob Sutherland - http://www.cheapersafer.com
Business Computer Support and Training