Gatesware + Thunderbird + Sympatico broadband doesn't work

Oliver Meyn lists-tZhE6lH4Esk+k03BA+Hq9g at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 25 20:04:39 UTC 2005

bob wrote:

> The SMTP settings were:
>
> smtphm.sympatico.ca
> port 25
> TSL
> userid=email address
>
> I tried all combinations of none, TSL if offered, TSL and SSL on the SMTP
> side but nada ...  no joy.

Hi Bob,

I know this worked for me at some point in the past (I've since switched
providers) - around this time last year, actually.  I had some hassle
getting it working and it had to do with passwords - the password
required to send (ie access smtp) is different from your "account
password" if i recall correctly.

Course, I might be hallucinating again.

Good luck,
Oliver