Gatesware + Thunderbird + Sympatico broadband doesn't work

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 26 12:53:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 04:04:39PM -0500, bob wrote:
>Yup tried port 465 as well.    That is what Thunderbird defaults for SSL on
>the SMTP panel.

Perhaps is time to suggest a new DSL provider.  Sympatico is a terrible
service.  I called their customer support once on behalf of a client.
They actually asked me for the client's password.  The support rep could
not understand why I found that unacceptable.

--
Neil Watson               | Gentoo Linux
Network Administrator     | Uptime 86 days