cdrecord under Fedora Core 3

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 19 19:05:20 UTC 2005

Thanks for everyone's help. After adding some libs, I was able to
install k3b, and it worked like a charm. I now have my two Debian DVDs
fully written.

While I like to fool around and experiment with things (like cdrecord,
et al), it is nice to have the occasional "easy" application for things
like CD-burning; especially if it works. Because I am so busy with other
projects and work, I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to,
to fiddle with settings and play "see what happens when --" (which I did
a lot of several years ago). I now need my computer to do stuff for me,
so it now has to be dependable. And if an application is braindead
(meaning I don't have to use mine too much), then that means that more
time is freed up to do other important things. And this is fine, so long
as the app does its job. In this case, it did, and did it well.

Paul King