Sendmail vs postfix

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 14 04:08:03 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Imagine how free the world could be if everything was BSD licensed or
> public domain or something similar. :)  Those are my prefered licenses
> if I was to write any project from scratch and release it.

In contrast, think about what things would be like if you had to
negotiate with each utility's author on terms to get their software
included.

Note that in cases where they have "dueling licenses" where the
software is supposed to be "free for personal use" and "pricey for
commercial use," differing definitions would make it pretty much
impossible to have something like a Linux distribution, and Linux and
the like would likely be mere historical curiosities...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)