ms on the offensive again

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 21 15:55:05 UTC 2005

"JoeHill" <joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> on Friday, May 20, 2005 6:44 PM wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:44:14 +0300 (IDT)
> Peter disseminated the following:
>
> > You don't expect the powers that be to show any *Common Sense*, do you ?
>
> No one with any brains does, but South America, including Brazil, has been
> giving the US and its 'corporate citizens' the middle finger of late, esp
when
> the people make it very clear to the pols that they're sick of the way
things
> have been going these past few decades under the dictates of their
relationship
> with Western institutions like the IMF and World Bank (if you call
*pimping* an
> economic relationship).
>
> > I mean, after all the c**p that's been flowing ? And, most of the world
> > is not Brazil
>
> Brazil is one of the world's fastest growing economies. Where they go in
terms
> of F/OSS or Microshaft is of great concern.
>
> Between Brazil and China, MS stands to lose access to billions of dollars
in
> revenue, hence their intense interest in these regions, and that goes for
a lot
> of other grifters, er, I mean corporations and their government lackeys.

Well, at the Linux World Canada Show an IBM rep. noted (as part of keynote
speech) that IBM is focused on the BRICK nations (Brazil, Russia, India,
China, and (South) Korea). Point being, limited amount of old (computer)
infrastructure, fast growing economies, all ripe for Linux :-) . So, that
means we are talking the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, and 24th largest populations...
Not too shabby :-) .