ms on the offensive again

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat May 21 21:27:49 UTC 2005

> Colin McGregor wrote:
>
> Well, at the Linux World Canada Show an IBM rep. noted (as part of keynote
> speech) that IBM is focused on the BRICK nations (Brazil, Russia, India,
> China, and (South) Korea). Point being, limited amount of old (computer)
> infrastructure, fast growing economies, all ripe for Linux :-) . So, that
> means we are talking the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, and 24th largest
populations...
> Not too shabby :-) .

Not much money to make on the software but HUGE market for hardware, even
with smal profit margin the potential is immense.
Funnily enough, IBM has pulled out of the PC market! I suppose they count on
their Power technology for servers with Linux.

  François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>