DVD Authoring

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 18 12:49:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 12:34:59AM -0400, John Vetterli wrote:
> Decoding the digital video (ffmpeg in step 1) seemed to introduce some
> weird color distortion.  Also, my dvd player seemed to have trouble
> playing the disc, I don't know if this is because of the authoring method
> or because it was a crappy disc.

What type of media?  Remember some dvd players prefer DVD-R, some prefer
DVD+R and some like nothing but stamped DVDs.  Many players don't like
any +RW/-RW media.

I tried making a video DVD+RW and it didn't play well at all (rather
confused really) a DVD player that was a few years old, while a brand
new $60 dvd player played it just fine.  Using a DVD-R it worked
perfectly on both.

Lennart Sorensen