Potential Short-term contract - Administration/Development Support

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 17 23:38:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've been speaking with my employer on getting some additional support
for linux administration and perl development.

We've been having some difficulty locating the required skills
inhouse.  As a result, he's agreed to speak with one or two of the
folks at GTALUG - with a possible a short-term contract in mind if
there's a good connection.

A short backgrounder:

We are a member company of the worlds largest logistics provider (Exel
Logistics), and provide logistics services to Walmart (our sole
customer) in a couple of countries.

Although we work in a mixed nextwork environment, over the last few
years, we've been finding that Linux and Open Source solutions are an
a extremely valuable source of software, information, and support.

(In a nutshell, the more we implement, the more our internal
customer's want.  :-)

If you're interested:

Please email me a short note saying that you're interested, and a
quick bullet list of technical skills.  We're not looking for resumes
at this point - as mentioned above, there is no gaurantee of
employment, but the possibility for a short term (~ 3 month) contract
does exist.

Thanks,
- Scott

--