Typing accented characters

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 18 00:48:51 UTC 2005

I recently switched my system to Unicode, and in general I'm pretty
pleased with the results - I can see accents in my terminal, which makes
me happy.

The downside is that right now I'm using us_intl as my keyboard map,
which means I can type accented characters, but I have dead keys which
need escaping (I know of the caret, backtick, single and double quotes so
far, but there are probably others I haven't discovered yet).  I'm
wondering, is there a way I can use a meta-key to trigger these dead
keys selectively, or some other means that doesn't require restarting
the X server?

I'm using OpenBox as my window manager, if that makes a difference.
Thanks.
--

yours,

William