DVD ISO problem

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 10 15:19:38 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Of course since most new DVDs seem to now be dual layer (and hence over
> 4.5GB) you would need a dual layer disc to hold the copy, which last I
> checked costs almost as much as just buying another copy of the movie.

Not anymore:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/cc/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006180&cid=719.88

I only see this one kind of dual-layer disc, and it's +R.  But there
it is, for a whole $6.49.
Single-layer burners are getting harder to find, too.  All the new
ones are dual-layer and don't seem to charge a premium for the
feature.  They seem to go for around $70.  A Plextor will run you $150
(holy CRAP that's cheap!).

--
taa
/*eof*/