DVD ISO problem

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue May 10 17:38:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:19:38AM -0400, Taavi Burns wrote:
> Not anymore:
> http://www.canadacomputers.com/cc/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006180&cid=719.88
>
> I only see this one kind of dual-layer disc, and it's +R.  But there
> it is, for a whole $6.49.
> Single-layer burners are getting harder to find, too.  All the new
> ones are dual-layer and don't seem to charge a premium for the
> feature.  They seem to go for around $70.  A Plextor will run you $150
> (holy CRAP that's cheap!).

And the PX716A had a mail in rebate a couple of months ago for another
$30 off the price.  I was so tempted.

I wonder how much DVD-R DL cost.

I am still personally more likely to go buy the movie for $15 or 20 than
bother to try and copy one.  The boxed one looks pretier, has pretty
inserts, is definitely legal, and I do value my time a bit, even my
spare time.

Lennart Sorensen