Meeting updates...

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Thu May 5 15:05:33 UTC 2005

> Note that a GTALUG already exists, or existed, with Thamer and others
> forming it after Jan cast him out of paradise.

That was GTABUG. That pretty much was stillborn the minute it started.

The name GTALUG has been legal the name of TLUG since Clive registered it in 1999 or 2000 (not sure which month it was done) during the process of incorporation.

> Finally, such a name change does very much change the focus of the group,
> from one centred in the city itself to one centered in a much larger
> area; you may have to deal with calls to move out closer to the 905ers
> (which would have once been nice, but my job is moving to within walking
> distance of the present location).  Granted, the NewTLUG meetings are
> out at IBM already.

One of the reasons the NEWTLUG meetings started and are happeningin the suburbs is to allow our members from the 905 district access to TLUG and its social aspect.

Similarly there is a small group of hard core people from Mississauga that meet as well (PHUG) and we are doing everything to encourage it.

At the excutive level this has been a very real (if not written) policy of encouraging either SIGs or other more convient venues for part of TLUG members to meet. Geographically this is a very big city with very poor transportation facilities and many small local meetings is the best way to get people together.

Bill.